Bing Tischbahn Amerikanische Tankloco in LNWR Farbgebung

#1 von BlackAdder ( gelöscht ) , 19.09.2012 19:49

Guten Abend Freunde der Bing Tischbahn,

Heute kam bei mir vielleicht eine kleine Besonderheit an. Die Amerikanische Uhrwerk Tankloco, allerdings in der alten LNWR Farbgebung.

Hier die LNWR Lok im Vergleich.

...und das rot/schwarze Standardlayout der amerikanischen Loks (hier die elektrische Version)

Front- und Rückansichten (rechts die LNWR Version ohne Bing-Logo hinten)

Carpenter beschreibt in seinem Buch eine elektrische Version in LNWR Farben für den Amerikanischen Markt, eine Uhrwerkversion fehlt beim ihm jedoch als Abbildung und es wir nur im Text erwähnt, dass von solchen Lokomotiven berichtet wurde, er aber nur die elektrische Variante kennt. Ob der L&NWR Schriftzug bei der Amerikanischen Version übermalt wurde, kann ich nicht mit letzter Sicherheit sagen. Auf den Bildern 2 und 3 sieht es danach aus - in natura ist nur auf der Schlüsselseite ein Pinselstrich zu erahnen.

Gruß
Patrick

BlackAdder
zuletzt bearbeitet 20.09.2012 16:29 | Top

RE: Bing Tischbahn Amerikanische Tankloco in LNWR Farbegebung

#2 von mpipa , 19.09.2012 21:53

Hello Patrick,
Congrats, nice finding.
From the pictures it seems that the L&NWR was overpainted. I also have such a loco, not the USA version but a so called continental version, but in a French Set. Never seen such a "overpainted loco" in a German set, but one must admit it exists.
Has anyone such a loco?
Regards,
Manuel

mpipa  
mpipa

zuletzt bearbeitet 19.09.2012 | Top

#3 von BlackAdder ( gelöscht ) , 19.09.2012 21:59

Hey Manuel,

great to hear from you again and great to see this French set in this incredibly good condition. Frankly I was expecting something like that from you

Also remarkable is the station without the ramps! I have heard about this kind of sets, but never seen it so far. Thanks for showing!
Regards,
Patrick

BlackAdder
zuletzt bearbeitet 20.09.2012 22:00 | Top

#4 von Gelöschtes Mitglied , 20.09.2012 14:01

Hallo,
noch eine Kiste auf elektrisch:

Gruß, elaphos

zuletzt bearbeitet 01.11.2012 10:55 | Top

#5 von mpipa , 20.09.2012 19:39

Beautiful Set Gert!
Maybe this one is also interesting. It is a very early Set for USA, the loco with brake lever on the cab (type A according to Carpenter) and which contents do not appear in the first catalogue. It is what we usually call "uncatalogued" set, something between set 2 and 3 of the first catalogue.
Also interesting is the colour of the station, very light, especially the yellow bricks, looking a little grenish. Another indication of an early set is the way signals and poles are "fixed", the insert cuts in the card are not present, there should be a metal strip of tin over the signals, fixed on both ends, that unfortunately is missing in this one, but see the last picture to see what I am referring to.
Note also that the the picture on the lid is missing any text!
Regards,
Manuel

mpipa  
mpipa

zuletzt bearbeitet 20.09.2012 | Top

RE: Bing Tischbahn Amerikanische Tankloco in LNWR Farbgebung

#6 von BlackAdder ( gelöscht ) , 20.09.2012 20:20

Hi Manuel and elaphos,

Thanks for showing your nice American sets - it is just great to see these excellent and complete sets...

Manuel your early American set shows the black and red livery. Do you think Bing started with this colour for the American locos? Then after stopping the production of LNWR locos Bing used the stock of LNWR housings repainted them and used them as US and continental housing until the stock was finished and finally switched back to black and red?

What do you think?
Regards
Patrick

BlackAdder

#7 von mpipa , 20.09.2012 22:42

Hi Patrick,
I think you are completely right in your analysis. All overpainted L&NWR locos I have seen are like yours, second version, type B chassis with brake in the cab roof, meaning exactely that they were usisng the surplus of such locos after they started with post grouping liveries (LMS, LNER and GWR).
All my USA and Continental locos, both CW or electric are black with red lining, with the exception of the one of the shown Liliput set. I have a second similar Liliput set with the regular loco (with red wheels). Certainly overpainted locos are a rare exception!
Regards,
Manuel

mpipa  
mpipa

zuletzt bearbeitet 20.09.2012 | Top

#8 von Gelöschtes Mitglied , 01.10.2012 20:09

Thank you for showing this LILIPUT EXPRESS set, Manuel!
I bought another of these sets some time ago. To my surprise the loco and wagons were DISTLER stuff! Now I can see the original filling and replace it from my collection.
Very kind regards,
Claudia

P.S. Pity, you don't come to Berlin this October....

#9 von mpipa , 01.10.2012 22:33

Hello Claudia,
Really a pity I can not go to Berlim, but too much work now.... I will be back soon!
Regards,
Manuel

mpipa  
mpipa

H0 / 00 Weiche kein Märklin, Hersteller?
Karl Bub Tischbahn Signal 926/1 - Börsenfund