Bing electric turntable

#1 von mpipa , 10.05.2012 19:37

Hello all,
For 12 years I was looking for the electric turntable for my collection, it was the last missing accessorie for the collection.
And do you know what? I finally found one... BOXED!!!!!!!! And it is like new also......
As you know individual boxed items are really rare to find and I was lucky enought to find this one.
I would appreciate your help to try to decifer the hand written letters in the box.
And also the numbers in the label do not match the catalogue number, at least the numbers mentioned in Jeff Carpenter's book.
Can any one help?

Grusse,
Manuel

mpipa  
mpipa

zuletzt bearbeitet 10.05.2012 | Top

RE: Bing electric turntable

#2 von Dieter Weißbach , 10.05.2012 19:42

Hello Manuel,

a wonderful item.

I think the letters are spelling the word: D r e h s c h e i b e (turn table)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%BCtterlinschrift

Viele Grüße aus Berlin, Dieter

Dieter Weißbach

#3 von mpipa , 10.05.2012 19:49

Thank you Dieter, I was not aware of that caligraphy, we learn other than train related themes in the forum!!!!
Manuel

mpipa  
mpipa

#4 von toy-doc , 10.05.2012 21:36

Hallo Manuel!
Could you please show a photo of the bottomside?
I'm interested in the wiring.
Thank you and best regards
toy-doc

Gruß
toy-doc

toy-doc

#5 von mpipa , 10.05.2012 22:05

Zitat von toy-doc
Hallo Manuel!
Could you please show a photo of the bottomside?
I'm interested in the wiring.
Thank you and best regards
toy-doc

Here you have it...

mpipa  
mpipa

#6 von Eugen & Karl , 10.05.2012 22:29

Hallo,

die "(elektr.) Drehscheibe" mit der Nummer "11/753/25" taucht im Bing Hauptkatalog 1930 auf der Seite 39 auf. Dieser Katalog erschien in den Sprachen Deutsch, Französisch und Spanisch. Möglicherweise ist er seinerzeit im englischsprachigen Raum nicht weit verbreitet gewesen.

Die letzte Nennung dieses Artikels erfolgt auf der Seite 15 der "PREISLISTE zum Haupt-Katalog Ausgabe 1930 und Nachtrag 1931 und 1932 über Feine Metall-Spielwaren Sommer-Spielwaren - Email-Spielwaren und Sprechmaschinen". Bing verschickte diese Liste im Juni 1932 an den Handel.

Viele Grüße

Eugen & Karl

#7 von www.spur00.de , 10.05.2012 23:15

Dear Manuel

congratulations on this rare nice find.

I also checked the KB side as the turntable is listed in the KB Katalogs of 1935 - 37
Interesting enough the number system was changed from Bing to KB just by erasing the 11/.. of 11/753/25.
We also know that KB used Bing stickers on train sets without erasing the Bing trade mark or altering the label. They only put in addition tha KB sticker on the lid.
Anyway the price in 1936 and 1937 was 3,50 RM which does not fit with the 1,- on the box

The wiring on the underside is original there is no doubt. I have one which is identical it also has the same trade mark as Manuel's

Also for the other number there is no reference in the KB catalogues I have. Maybe it is a number of a distributor. At least KB sometimes printed in addition or sometimes even instead, the ordering number of the distributor on the package.

Greetings
RAiner

www.jpg" border=0>

www.spur00.de

RE: Bing electric turntable (sold by KB?)

#8 von mpipa , 10.05.2012 23:36

Hello Rainer,
This item was found mixed on a collection of early pre-war marklin, so my guess is it is really a Bing item sold later by KB.
It seems they only erased the 11/ like you say, but they were selling stoked Bing items.
This arises one question: did KB really ever made electric turntables or they just sold Bing made ones that coem with the take over? Have seem some marked KB?
Regards
Manuel

mpipa  
mpipa

#9 von toy-doc , 10.05.2012 23:44

Hi Manuel!
Thank you for showing the bottom!
Simple but ingenious solution of wiring.
I hadn't seen this before.
Best regards
toy-doc

Gruß
toy-doc

toy-doc

#10 von www.spur00.de , 11.05.2012 00:11

Hello Manuel,
till now there is no reference that KB has produced /sold Bing items still being marked Bing.
The only exception is pictures on box lids.

All known items from original Bing tools like rails, loco wagons, signal box have a modified lithography by KB.

As we can see from the set 933/3 other items like tunnel and station have been replaced by KB ex 24 mm items.
If KB really used up old stocks from Bing without adding the KB trade mark it will be very difficult to proof as the items are identical with those sold by Bing.
The combined KB BW logo was only used in 1933 after that it was not allowed to be used. However the first references the the 00 Gauge trains appear only in the catalogue of 1935.
There a three series of catalogues / pricelists (Normal catalogues, A3 leaflets & pricelists ) in all three the 00- trains start with 1935 no references in the 1934 or 1933 issues.
However the reality is sometimes different than what is seen on the first view. E.g. Bond's in London still lists Bing GWR Table Trains in their 1935 edition and not Karl Bub trains.
Also Vedes offered KB-sets whih have only been found in the export catalogue but not in the german catalogue.
Gammages offerd a special junction railway which is not mentioned in any KB catalogue or price ist.

So still some myseries to solve but that of course is what makes it interesting :-))

Greetings
Rainer

www.jpg" border=0>

www.spur00.de

zuletzt bearbeitet 11.05.2012 | Top

#11 von Eugen & Karl , 11.05.2012 00:25

Hallo,

der Anbieter des gezeigten Sammlerstückes hatte es den Sammlern nicht leicht gemacht. Man mußte zwei Konvolute erwerben, um die Scheibe wieder verpacken zu können...

Die anderen Teile des Fundes stammten überwiegend aus den frühen 1940er Jahren. Das könnte den günstigen Preis der Drehscheibe erklären, wenn die Auszeichnung erst nach dem Wegfall der Preisbindung (d.h. hier nach 1937) erfolgte. Vielleicht bringt uns das Stück durch die Fundsituation auch der Beantwortung der Frage näher, ob Bub noch elektrische Drehscheiben baute. Diese hier wurde wahrscheinlich erst im Kriege verkauft (und vielleicht auch nicht lange zuvor zu Sonderkonditionen von Bub an den Handel abgegeben).

Übrigens betrug der Ladenpreis laut Bubs Preisliste auch schon 1935 3,50 RM.

Viele Grüße

Eugen & Karl

#12 von mpipa , 11.05.2012 00:25

Hello again Rainer,
I only guessed this is a Bing sold by KB because the box has the erased 11/ converting the label number to the KB number in the catalogue. I added the supposed fact that the item was bought with marklin items, say in 37-38?
I also agree with all your facts and arguments, but couldn't it be that the electric turntable was an expensive item very scarcely sold, so Bing could have an huge stock, so KB wouldn't have to produce more? Just erase the number on the box... and sell them? And I confirm that there is no other mark on the box besides those pictured.
Just guesses... like you say, it keeps things interesting!.
Regards,
Manuel

mpipa  
mpipa

#13 von www.spur00.de , 11.05.2012 01:35

Hello Manuel
sure could be possible.
The turntable was by far the most expensive accesoir.
You could buy eve a complete clockwork train for less. The loco was jsut 2,25 RM

The same as you mention is true for the small telegraph pole discussed here sometime ago.
I tend to believe they are KB ones as the price and the pole matches the catalogue description.
There also was one original box of 12 Bing Telegraph poles. However these were the types which were fitted on the tracks and not those with the round base.

One interesting point would be to examine the signals of the 933/3 clockwork set . I only have a picture on my webpage but have never seen the original set.
KB changed quite fast the Ex Bing trains were only in 1935/35 catalogue.

The turntable remains till 1937 but was useless at that year as it did not match the "Fliegender Hamburger which was the only 00 Train avaiable in 1937. Also the clockwork rails and turntable were still offered but no matching trains.

Hallo Eugen and Karl
wieso ist nach 1937 die Preisbindung weggefallen? Weil die Drehscheibe nicht mehr in den Preislisten verzeichnet war?
Die 1938 aúnd 39 Preisliste legen für Deutschland immer noch bindende Ladenpreise fest

Grüße
Rainer

www.jpg" border=0>

www.spur00.de

RE: Bing electric turntable (sold by KB?) - zur Preisbildung

#14 von Dieter Weißbach , 11.05.2012 07:28

Hallo Rainer,

das Thema Preisgestaltung / Preisbindung ist mir bei TRIX EXPRESS auch bereits in den Preislisten aufgefallen.

Zunächst ein link zu einem Grundsatzartikel:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskommi...ie_Preisbildung

Danach hat ein sogenannter Reichskommissar für die Preisbildung, wie der Name bereits beschreibt, ab 1937 erheblich in die Preisbildung eingegriffen. Hintergrund waren die politischen und strukturellen Veränderungen in Deutschland, womit gleichzeitig die Umwandlung in eine Planwirtschaft zur massiven Förderung der Rüstungsproduktion und zur Vorbereitung der Kriegsführung verbunden waren.

Siehe hierzu auch das Stichwort Vierjahresplan:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vierjahresplan

Für TRIX EXPRESS liegt mir eine Preisliste mit der Überschrift Preissenkung vom 1. März 1938 vor. Dort heißt es:

Im Rahmen der von dem Herrn Preiskommissar angeregten Preissenkung für Markenartikel haben wir ab heute für unsere deutschen Abnehmer die nachstehenden Artikel im Preis ermäßigt.

Ausgewählte Artikel wurden um rd. 10 % ermäßigt, so kostete eine Zugpackung 10/104 statt RM 16,00 nur noch RM 15,00

Dieser massive Eingriff in die unternehmerische Freiheit erfolgte bei TRIX zeitgleich mit dem von den Nationalsozialisten erzwungenen Verkauf des Unternehmens von den jüdischen Eigentümern Stephan Bing und anderen an den "arischen" Erwerber Ernst Voelk.

Viele Grüße aus Berlin, Dieter

Dieter Weißbach

#15 von Eugen & Karl , 11.05.2012 11:00

Hallo,

die Preisbindung der Drehscheibe entfiel mit dem Auslaufen aus dem Katalogprogramm.

Es ist nicht ausgeschlossen, dass es 1938 sogar eine Sonderliste mit derartigen Artikeln von Bub gab.

Viele Grüße

Eugen & Karl

#16 von www.spur00.de , 11.05.2012 12:55

Hallo zusammen,

diese Sonderpreisliste wie bei Trix gibt es auch bei KB (allerdings unkommentiert und sehr übersichtlich Din A 5 mit 9 Positionen (Preisermäßigung 0.25- 0.5 RM).

Deshalb dachte ich das ist eher eine Art Abverkauf /Lagerräumliste

Sie ist undatiert, ich habe sie mit der Preisliste von 1938 erhalten.

Interessanterweise sind die Preise im Katalog bereits angepasst, lediglich in der Preisliste sind die alten (höheren) Preise.

z.B. 4545 R :
Preisliste 1938: 9,50 RM,
Preisermäßigungsliste und Katalog 1938: 9,25 RM

Tischbahnartikel sind nicht dabei.

Grüße Rainer
Rainer

www.jpg" border=0>

www.spur00.de

#17 von sg067340 , 18.05.2012 18:23

Hello Manuel,
Congratulations in finding a wonderfull piece. The electricturntable was very hard to find and I had to shop in America to find one.

The one I have has a very interesting mark. It has the Bing logo but it also has the numbers 11/753/25 and underneath 01860.
There is also 4/00 which it looks as though it could be the price. What could be interesting is if this turntable was number 01860 that was made. If that is the case, then I would really like to know what happened to the others!!!! I would like to know if there are any other members that have a turntable with the same markings.

sg067340  
sg067340

#18 von Gelöschtes Mitglied , 28.11.2012 20:23

Hello, Geoff!
I have an electric BING turntable, too. Mine came from Hungary, unboxed but in mint condition. Unfortunately I have intergrated it into my large BING TT layout. I do not dare to take it out without damage. So I'm sorry I can't tell what is stamped under it.
Kind regards, Claudia

Mettoy '00'Gauge Table-Top Railway
Bing Set No. 1